Assistant (Music & Entertainment)
A fantastic opportunity for an Assistant who possesses a strong work ethic and is looking to take the next step in their career to join our Music and Entertainment team.
We are seeking an Assistant with a strong work ethic to join our music and entertainment team. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills, experience using accounting systems such as QuickBooks Online and Xero (as well Microsoft Excel), and will have developed a strong foundation of knowledge in a similar previous role.
- Assisting with tour work for overseas bands, including raising invoices, completing immigration forms, applying for A1s, preparing settlements reports and requesting / reconciling withholding tax certificates
- Client management including Liaising directly with clients and suppliers in a timely and professional manner online, over the phone or in person
- Assisting with preparation of VAT returns and EC Sales Lists for manager review and client approval
- Assisting with the maintenance and review of accounting records raising issues to relevant Managers
- Review and reconciliation of general ledger including reconciliation of balance sheet items and posting monthly journals such as FX revaluations and payroll journals
- Preparing management commission reconciliations
- Assisting with management reporting and preparation of tour reporting
- Assisting the general business management tasks such as insurance, mortgage and tenancy renewals
- General administration to support the team including completing various forms for HMRC, IRS, supplier setup forms and bank forms
- Assisting with day to day bookkeeping as required including:
- Client bank and credit card reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices, considering the VAT position on invoices
- Managing and processing items from Receipt Bank
- Arranging, monitoring and preparing bank payments
- Reconciling reports on MS Excel, QuickBooks Online & Xero
- Maintaining Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger
- Preparing payments for clients
- General office admin task such as filing (physical and paperless systems)
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover and cashback for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests.
Other benefits include ‘summer hours’ throughout the warmer months, monthly ‘drinks trolley’ to wind down after a busy week and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and ‘Cycle to Work’ vouchers are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at some local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
Who You Are
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Comfortable using initiative
- Willingness to learn
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A-Level educated (or equivalent)
- Relevant degree is highly desirable but not essential
- 1-2 years’ bookkeeping experience
- Accounting software packages such as QuickBooks Online and/or Xero
Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Study: Support Available
Interested? Get in Touch
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.