Assistant Manager – Music & Entertainment Team
We are seeking a highly competent and experienced accountant to join one of our busy teams within our buzzing Music and Entertainment department.
We are seeking a highly competent and experienced accountant to join one of our busy teams within our buzzing Music and Entertainment department. Supporting the team’s Partner and Manager, this is an all-encompassing opportunity; from managing the day to day running of our clients’ financial affairs through to preparation of year end accounts files, and everything in between. The successful candidate will also play a key part in the development of the team’s trainees and junior staff, acting as a role model and providing support and guidance as requested.
Main Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day workload for self and junior staff.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Commercially aware approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills with team and clients
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day bookkeeping, financial reporting, payments and budgeting for clients within the Media and Entertainment industry ranging from individuals, unincorporated businesses, incorporated companies
- Working successfully with the team managers and partners to ensure that all statutory deadlines and requirements for accounts, tax, VAT and that any other areas of financial compliance are met
- Preparation of year end account files using resources available and assisting with gathering the relevant information to complete P11Ds, company, personal and partnership returns to ensure the timely filing and payment of client compliance
- Preparation and review of VAT returns for manager/partner sign off and client approval as well as assisting with raising sales invoices, considering the VAT position on international invoices
- Managing all receivables, payables and assisting with the maintenance and review of accounting records raising issues to relevant Managers
- Handling all aspects of the clients financial and personal affairs, as per the client’s needs and acting as the first point of contact for clients, their other advisers and third parties, liaising directly with them in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting with clients with foreign taxes and overseas compliance
- Preparation and assistance with tour budgets and tour accounting including reconciliation of tour settlements
- Regularly updating the Managers and Partners to discuss workload, client issues or concerns and managing their input as appropriate
- Delegating to and overseeing team members responsible for payments and data entry, assisting them with their development and managing their workload to ensure deadlines are met
- General administration as per the requirements of the portfolio
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover, cashback scheme for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests and group life insurance.
SRLV endeavours to support our staff physically, but mentally too from day one. We are partnered with a mental health support app which provides anonymous self-assessments and tailored content specifically for you, together with live mental wellbeing webinars throughout the year exclusively for SRLV. In addition, our weekly ‘wellbeing hour’ allowance allows you to take some extra time out to focus on you.
Other benefits include, but are not limited to, early finishes on a Friday (subject to manager approval and time made up) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and Cycle to Work scheme are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at a growing list of local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
- Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Flexible working: 3 days(+) in office, 2 days at home (wef Sept 2021)
- Exceptional, effective and appropriate communication skills both verbally and in writing at all times, recognising they must represent the firm in a positive light when dealing with clients and internally
- Sound technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside advanced understanding of policies, procedures and processes, strives to apply own technical excellence and articulates risk with issues whilst appreciative of when to refer more complex technical issues up
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Excellent IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Is relatively autonomous with regards to client and general tasks, with an active interest in promoting a professional and collaborative working practice across the firm
- Confident, professional and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients and is responsive to the needs of others
- Exceptional work ethic and desire to provide an outstanding client service, with an in-depth understanding of both internal and external clients and their needs as well as the environment they operate in
- ACCA/ACA qualified or substantial relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ general experience in audit/accountancy
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.