Assistant Manager – Music & Entertainment Team
We are seeking a highly competent and experienced accountant to join one of our busy teams within our buzzing Music and Entertainment department.
We are seeking a highly competent and experienced accountant to join one of our busy teams within our buzzing Music and Entertainment department. Supporting the team’s Director, Senior Manager and Manager, this is an all-encompassing opportunity; from managing the day to day running of our clients’ financial affairs through to preparation of year end accounts files, and everything in between.
The successful candidate will also play a key part in the development of the team’s trainees and junior staff, acting as a role model and providing support and guidance as requested.
Main Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Assist with the management of basic WIP, billing and fee–recovery in order to achieve targets and cash collection where applicable
- Assist with the management and delegation of tasks to junior members of staff by providing guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback
- Delegate appropriately ensuring clear instructions are given, with objectives and deadlines set
- Ensure good relationships both internally with colleagues, and externally with clients and their stakeholders
- Assist and manage the expectations of partners and other key staff across the practice to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes
- Highlight any problems, work or project delivery issues to partners and key staff
- Manage general client problems that arise, liaising with managers and partners on more complex issues, and supports team members with basic client concerns
- Ensure wider team (and self) are compliant with all practice management activities
- Begin to play an active role in recruitment and any other HR activities required
- Act as a role model for team members, providing advice, guidance and constructive feedback
- Liaise with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of work and projects
- Develop and maintain a strong level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements where appropriate
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day bookkeeping, financial reporting, payments and budgeting for clients within the Media and Entertainment industry ranging from individuals, unincorporated businesses, incorporated companies
- Working successfully with the team managers and partners to ensure that all statutory deadlines and requirements for accounts, tax, VAT and that any other areas of financial compliance are met
- Preparation of year end account files using resources available and assisting with gathering the relevant information to complete P11Ds, company, personal and partnership returns to ensure the timely filing and payment of client compliance
- Review of VAT returns for manager sign off and client approval, as well as assisting with raising sales invoices, considering the VAT position on international invoices
- Managing all receivables, payables and assisting with the maintenance and review of accounting records raising issues to relevant Managers
- Handling all aspects of the clients financial and personal affairs, as per the client’s needs and acting as the first point of contact for clients, their other advisers and third parties, liaising directly with them in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting with the WHT and VAT planning for UK artists and FEU applications for overseas performing in the UK
- Preparation and assistance with tour budgets and tour accounting including reconciliation of tour settlements
- Regularly updating the Managers and Partners to discuss workload, client issues or concerns and managing their input as appropriate
- Delegating to and overseeing team members responsible for payments and data entry, assisting them with their development and managing their workload to ensure deadlines are met
- General administration as per the requirements of the portfolio
Other benefits include early finishes on a Friday after a busy week (subject to manager approval and made up time) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and ‘Cycle to Work’ vouchers are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at some local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
- Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Currently operating remotely
- Exceptional, effective and appropriate communication skills both verbally and in writing at all times, recognising they must represent the firm in a positive light when dealing with clients and internally
- Sound technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside advanced understanding of policies, procedures and processes, strives to apply own technical excellence and articulates risk with issues whilst appreciative of when to refer more complex technical issues up
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Excellent IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Is relatively autonomous with regards to client and general tasks, with an active interest in promoting a professional and collaborative working practice across the firm
- Confident, professional and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients and is responsive to the needs of others
- Exceptional work ethic and desire to provide an outstanding client service, with an in-depth understanding of both internal and external clients and their needs as well as the environment they operate in
- Makes valuable contributions in discussions and meetings, articulating solutions to problems and providing clarity on technical issues confidently
- A solid team player with a strong ability to work in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work well using own initiative
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and flexibility, actively offering assistance and support to other colleagues whilst delegating tasks effectively where necessary and taking ownership for own tasks assigned
- Begins to identify ways to network and expand their internal and external contacts through various appropriate channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally to a high standard, dealing with first line issues confidently
- Strong ability to cope in a fast paced environment, taking responsibility for own workload and working closely with manager and wider team / firm to deliver quality work to agreed, often tight, deadlines and timescales
- Takes responsibility for the quality and accuracy of others’ work along with confidently providing guidance and feedback, assisting with the development of others
- ACCA/ACA qualified or substantial relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ general experience in audit/accountancy
If you are interested in taking the next step in your administration career at SRLV, please complete our application form by clicking Apply Now below.
You will be asked a few questions and prompted to attach your CV and covering letter to support your application.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.