Semi Senior (Audit Team)
An exciting opportunity for a motivated ACA student to join our busy Audit department.
Are you part-way through your ACA qualification and looking for a new challenge? We are seeking motivated Audit Semi Senior to join our team in our London office. Based in our new offices in Fitzrovia, you will be working with our Juniors, other Semi Seniors and Seniors, and the management team, who will support you on in your studies and on your journey to being the best Auditor you can be.
- Ensure good relationships with both internal and external clients
- Correspond with clients, both on-site where applicable or via telephone / email to resolve straight forward queries or issues and obtain supporting documentation, ensuring an exemplary service at all times
- Manage the expectations of manager to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes
- Liaise with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of work
- Highlight any issues to manager and assist on basic client problems that occur
- Ensure own compliance with all practice management activities
- Develop and maintain a good level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements where appropriate
- Set-up audit and accounts files in relevant audit software (CaseWare), to include entering relevant statutory information
- Perform Companies House searches to obtain relevant statutory information required for accounts and audit preparation
- Import and map client Trial Balances into CaseWare to produce first drafts of financial statements
- Under the guidance of senior staff, carry out specific audit testing on certain sections of audit files (generally to include sales, purchases, bank, capital and reserves, payroll and tangible fixed assets)
- Make audit seniors aware of any difficulties or problems that arise during testing
- Begin to take responsibility for complete sections of audit files including clearing and responding to review points, and completing audit work programmes to document the testing performed
- Preparing summaries of original documents, leases and other agreements as relevant for inclusion in the permanent section of audit files
- Draft certain documents required for the audit process for client approval such as letters of representation and directors’ emoluments certificates
- Prepare final accounts packs to be sent out to clients, including printing full and abbreviated accounts, letters of representation, letters of support and tax computations and returns as required
- Accounts preparation work for smaller clients that do not require audits
- Perform iXBRL tagging of financial statements in CaseWare for submission to HMRC
- Other ad hoc work to assist Senior(s) and other staff members as required and as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
- Working towards ACA qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Audit Trainee
- Degree educated (2:1 or higher)
- B and above in GCSE Maths and English
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover and cashback for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests.
Other benefits include early finishes on a Friday (when time is made up over the course of the week, subject to manager approval) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and ‘Cycle to Work’ vouchers are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at some local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
Who You Are
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside basic understanding of policies, procedures and processes
- Seeks feedback on own performance, is able to respond positively to constructive criticism and pursues ways to develop own skills further
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Good IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Assertive, professional and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients
- Excellent work ethic and desire to provide a superior client service, with a clear understanding for client needs and the environment they operate in
- A strong team player with the ability to work in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work well using own initiative
- Demonstrates commitment, flexibility and actively offers assistance to other colleagues and takes ownership for own tasks assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to cope in a fast paced environment, taking responsibility for own workload and working closely with manager to deliver quality work to agreed, often tight, deadlines and timescales
- Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Study: ACA Study Support Available
Interested? Get in Touch
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.