Senior – Audit Team
We excited to be looking for an experienced Senior to join our busy Audit team.
We are seeking an experienced Senior to join our busy Audit team. The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified, with up to 2 years’ post qualification experience and a broad client portfolio background.
Experience in complex consolidations and IFRS accounts would be ideal, together with Caseware experience being highly desirable.
Key Senior Responsibilities
- Fully responsible for audit jobs from start to finish – including planning, fieldwork, and finalisation
- Review the work completed by junior staff including providing feedback to aid their development
- Delegate suitably ensuring clear instructions are given and objectives and deadlines set
- Ensure good relationships with both internal and external clients
- Assist with managing the expectations of partners and other key staff across the practice to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes
- Correspond with clients, both on-site where applicable and via telephone / email to resolve any queries or issues
- Highlight any work or project delivery issues to partners and key staff
- Liaise with managers, partners and key staff on client problems and support team members with simple client issues
- Interact with other departments to assist in ensuring seamless delivery of work
- Ensure own compliance with all practice management activities
- Develop and maintain a good level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements where appropriate
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Planning process for jobs to include materiality determination, identification of risks, design of fieldwork tests applicable to the specific client, elements of timetabling and budgeting
- Allocate work to junior staff and brief them on the work to be completed, providing guidance to junior staff and be available to answer queries throughout the audit process
- Complete the fieldwork for the more complex sections of audit files (generally to include stock, debtors, creditors, intangibles, investments, provisions, and contingencies)
- Monitoring the progress of audits including performance versus budget, identification of any problem areas encountered and keeping management information of progress
- Responsible for signing off audit file sections, possibly with the need to pick up any outstanding or complex issues from sections completed by junior staff
- Post reclassification journals to ensure correct financial statement disclosure and propose adjusting journals for client approval to correct material errors discovered
- Finalisation process for jobs to include clearing manager review points, production of an audit highlights memo, final analytical review, assessment of going concern and post balance sheet events, reconciliation of audit work performed and lead schedules to final accounts and review of financial statements
- Statutory account preparation for audit clients, including completion of disclosure checklists to ensure all relevant financial statement disclosures are correct
- Liaise with the tax team to resolve any queries they have when preparing Corporation Tax computations
- For clients that are groups of companies, prepare the required consolidation schedules including calculation of eliminating journals and preparation of group financial statements
- Take on a supervisory or assistant manager role for the audit of smaller, straight forward clients where the audit work can be completed by semi-senior and junior staff
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Exceptional, effective, and appropriate communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Strong technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside thorough understanding of policies, procedures, and processes, applying own technical excellence regularly whilst appreciative of when to refer more complex technical issues up
- Frequently seeks feedback on own performance, is able to respond positively to constructive criticism, pursues ways to develop own skills further and strives for additional responsibility
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Excellent IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, professional, and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients and is responsive to the needs of others
- Excellent work ethic and desire to provide a superior client service, with an in-depth understanding of clients and their needs as well as the environment they operate in
- A solid team player with a strong ability to work in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work well using own initiative
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and flexibility, actively offering assistance to other colleagues and takes ownership for own tasks assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally to a high standard, dealing with most first line issues
- Strong ability to cope in a fast paced environment, taking responsibility for own workload and working closely with manager and wider team / firm to deliver quality work to agreed, often tight, deadlines and timescales
- Takes responsibility for the quality and accuracy of others’ work, with a clear understanding of what and when to flag issues or gather further information on queries from relevant colleagues
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover, cashback scheme for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests and group life insurance.
SRLV endeavours to support our staff physically, but mentally too from day one. We are partnered with a mental health support app which provides anonymous self-assessments and tailored content specifically for you, together with live mental wellbeing webinars throughout the year exclusively for SRLV. In addition, our weekly ‘wellbeing hour’ allowance allows you to take some extra time out to focus on you.
Other benefits include, but are not limited to, early finishes on a Friday (subject to manager approval and time made up) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and Cycle to Work scheme are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at a growing list of local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
- ACCA/ACA qualified, with up to 2 years’ post qualification experience
- Complex consolidations and IFRS accounts experience highly desirable
- Caseware experience highly desirable
- Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Location: >3 days per week to be spent in the office (or on client sites as required)
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.