Senior – Corporate Tax Team
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Tax Senior, or Semi Senior looking to progress, to join our busy Corporate Tax team.
We’re looking for an experienced Tax Senior, or Semi Senior looking to progress, to join our busy Corporate Tax team. The ideal candidate will be ACCA/ACA/ATT qualified with at least two years Corporate Tax working experience. A CTA qualification is preferable although study support is provided.
As a Tax Senior, you will use your technical competency together with your exceptional communication skills to provide Tax support and advice to a range of clients, and to Partners and colleagues across the firm. You will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of compliance procedures.
In this role you will work closely with junior members of the Tax team based overseas. You will have fantastic inter personal skills and a team player attitude, and will put these to good use by aiding in the development of your more junior colleagues.
- Tax compliance, review tax returns and computations and monthly tasks prepared by junior staff including providing feedback to aid their development.
- Ensuring the compliance cycle is run smoothly and making sure any issues are addressed and highlighted to relevant staff where necessary.
- Be able to provide support to junior staff based overseas.
- Building and ensuring good relationships with both internal Partners and staff as well as external clients.
- Assist with managing the expectations of partners and other key staff across the practice to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes.
- Provide tax advice and tax technical support to a wide range of clients, partners and colleagues on various issues
- Deal with HMRC enquiries
- Ensure own compliance with all practice management activities.
- Develop and maintain a good level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements where appropriate
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
- Exceptional, effective and appropriate communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Strong technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside thorough understanding of policies, procedures and processes, applying own technical excellence regularly whilst appreciative of when to refer more complex technical issues up
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Excellent IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, professional and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients and is responsive to the needs of others
- Excellent work ethic and desire to provide a superior client service, with an in-depth understanding of clients and their needs as well as the environment they operate in
- A solid team player with a strong ability to work in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work well using own initiative
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and flexibility, actively offering assistance to other colleagues and takes ownership for own tasks assigned
- Strong ability to cope in a fast paced environment, taking responsibility for own workload and working closely with manager and wider team / firm to deliver quality work to agreed, often tight, deadlines and timescales
- Takes responsibility for the quality and accuracy of work, with a clear understanding of what and when to flag issues or gather further information on queries from relevant colleagues
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover, cashback scheme for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests and group life insurance.
SRLV endeavours to support our staff physically, but mentally too from day one. We are partnered with a mental health support app which provides anonymous self-assessments and tailored content specifically for you, together with live mental wellbeing webinars throughout the year exclusively for SRLV. In addition, our weekly ‘wellbeing hour’ allowance and private yoga class allow you to take some extra time out to focus on you.
Other benefits include, but are not limited to, early finishes on a Friday (subject to manager approval and time made up) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and Cycle to Work scheme are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at a growing list of local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
- 2 years+ working in a Corporate Tax Team
- ACCA/ACA/ATT qualified
- Also preferably CTA qualified, working towards your CTA qualification, or have substantial relevant experience
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.