Manager – Audit Team (Interim)
We are seeking an experienced Manager to join our busy Audit team on a 3–6-month fixed term contract. The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified, with 3 years’ post qualification experience, and exposure to operating at a similar level with a broad client portfolio background.
Experience of IFRS as well as UK GAAP, consolidations and consolidated financial statements and managing/leading a team, including trainees, would be preferred.
Key Manager Responsibilities
- Manage team WIP, billing and fee–recovery in order to achieve targets and cash collection where applicable, reviewing monthly billing and assisting in making sure that the partner is hitting monthly target
- Line manage team members through adequate briefing, monitoring, supervision and training, to ensure business objectives and the team members’ career objectives are achieved
- Ensure good relationships with both internal and external clients, particularly in order to ensure retention and development of new business opportunities
- Manage the expectations of partners and other key staff across the practice to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes that satisfy the client, the partner and take into consideration the workload of the team or those concerned
- Highlight any work or project delivery issues to partners, key staff and clients, suggesting approach to rectify
- Manages complex client problems that occur and supports team members with basic client matters
- Ensure self and wider team are compliant with all practice management activities and actions are completed by the required deadlines
- Work with partners to identify, generate and complete additional project work from existing clients and seek referrals of new clients
- Maintain and build client care standards in order to meet and exceed client and partner satisfaction expectations at all times
- Provide proactive and innovative solutions to clients
- Liaise with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of work and projects
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements where appropriate
- Delegates appropriately ensuring clear instructions are given and objectives and deadlines set – monitors workload of team
- Play an active role in recruitment and any other HR activities required
- Manages the preparation and presentation of projects and new client pitches, attending new business meetings and assisting with new client proposals, alongside partner and key staff
- Act as a role model for team members, providing advice, guidance and constructive feedback
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Liaises with the client to arrange timetable and diarises deadlines and key events
- Pro-actively chases client and partner to ensure agreed timetables and deadlines are met
- Monitors progress of jobs and keeps the client and partner informed of all relevant developments
- Carries out a detailed review of the work of team to ensure it is accurate, whilst picking up on any issues
- Prepares for and attends review and finalisation meeting with partners and clients
- Provides a full briefing with clear and specific instructions to staff on a job before it starts, and monitors progress and provides support during the job
- Exceptional, effective and appropriate communication skills both verbally and in writing at all times, ensuring interdepartmental relationships are strong and recognising they must represent the firm in a positive light when dealing with clients and internally with staff
- Advanced technical, commercial and risk awareness with a thorough understanding of policies, procedures and processes, strives to apply own technical excellence and provide quality technical advice and identify commercial solutions to problems, both with clients and internally
- Provides technical coaching and development to team, acting as a sounding board for their queries and providing reassurance, with an active interest in promoting a professional and collaborative working practice across the firm ensuring the quality of work the team provides is exceptional
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Excellent IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic and strong desire to provide an outstanding client service, with an in-depth understanding of both internal and external clients and their needs
- Has strong working relationships with partners, senior managers and other key staff across the practice
- Confident at managing the expectations and demands of clients, partners and staff across the practice, to ensure that high quality work is delivered
- Understands the importance and necessity to expand on their internal and external network of clients through various appropriate channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally to a high standard, dealing with issues confidently
- Confident at managing staff, providing guidance, feedback and assisting with the development of others along with taking accountability for the quality and accuracy of the work of the team and the delivery of more complex projects
SRLV endeavours to support our staff physically, but mentally too from day one. We are partnered with a mental health support app which provides anonymous self-assessments and tailored content specifically for you, together with live mental wellbeing webinars throughout the year exclusively for SRLV. In addition, our weekly ‘wellbeing hour’ allowance to take some extra time out to focus on you.
Other benefits include, but are not limited to, early finishes on a Friday (subject to manager approval and time made up) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and Cycle to Work scheme are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at a growing list of local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
Qualifications & Experience
- ACCA/ACA qualified or substantial relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience in Audit
- Caseware experience highly desired
Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Location: >3 days per week to be spent in the office (or on client sites as required)
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter or email along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.