Private Client Tax Manager
An exciting opportunity for a CTA qualified Manager to provide high level tax support to the Partners and manage a portfolio of clients together with ad-hoc consultancy work.
This is an exciting opportunity for a CTA qualified Manager to provide high level tax support to the Partners and manage a portfolio of clients together with ad-hoc consultancy work.
This is an extremely varied role and as such, requires an individual who is keen to get involved in all areas of their clients’ taxation requirements, both compliance and advisory.
This opportunity will appeal to an ambitious tax professional looking for a diverse and interesting portfolio with plenty of client contact, and with the potential to progress. This could also be of interest to an Assistant Manager looking to take the step up to Manager.
- Taking responsibility for the management of a portfolio of approximately 130 predominantly HNWI and OMB clients.
- Building strong and successful relationships and providing expert, timely and comprehensive advice face to face and via phone and email.
- Working successfully with other Managers, more senior staff and Partners across the firm to ensure that all deadlines and client expectations are met, highlighting any delivery issues and suggesting approach to rectify.
- Regularly updating the Partners to discuss client issues or concerns and managing their input as appropriate.
- Providing proactive and innovative solutions to clients.
- Attending new business meetings and assisting with new client proposals.
- Delegating and training junior staff to assist in client work.
- Supervising, overseeing and reviewing work undertaken by junior staff.
- Managing WIP, billing and recoverability for the portfolio.
- General administration as per the requirements of the portfolio.
- Strong technical knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Impeccable communication skills – both written and verbal – with the ability to provide a professional yet personal service and communicate technical information to clients in a simple, clear and effective manner.
- Appreciate the bigger picture of the client’s affairs, including the ability to show initiative and find solutions to problems.
- Confident, ambitious and with the ability to cope in a fast-paced environment, delivering work to agreed timescales.
- Excellent workload management and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work outside defined parameters.
- Excellent work ethic and desire to provide a superior client service.
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover, cashback scheme for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests and group life insurance.
SRLV endeavours to support our staff physically, but mentally too from day one. We are partnered with a mental health support app which provides anonymous self-assessments and tailored content specifically for you, together with live mental wellbeing webinars throughout the year exclusively for SRLV. In addition, our weekly ‘wellbeing hour’ allowance and private yoga class allow you to take some extra time out to focus on you.
Other benefits include, but are not limited to, early finishes on a Friday (subject to manager approval and time made up) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and Cycle to Work scheme are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at a growing list of local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
- CTA qualified
- Technical all-rounder with a desire to increase and expand knowledge and experience.
- Experience of managing projects to deliver a quality product on time and within budget.
- Experienced in reviewing the work of others, providing feedback and support as necessary.
- Experience with areas of employment taxation such as P11ds and share schemes would be useful.
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.