Senior Tax Manager – Corporate Tax Team
A varied, challenging yet rewarding opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager to join our busy Corporate Tax team.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Manager to join our busy Corporate Tax team. The ideal candidate will be CTA qualified, with 5+ years PQE and 12 months experience at operating at a similar level and with a broad client portfolio background.
The purpose of this role is to manage and provide the tax technical advice and compliance services to SRLV’s corporate clients in order to achieve budget and maintain a high level of client satisfaction. To provide corporate tax support to other team members and to partners, in addition to the line management and career development of team members. Proven track record of high technical capability as this role will be the lead technical role within the corporate tax department. Such areas to include:
- International transactions and business structuring
- Transfer pricing and profit fragmentation
- Corporate interest restrictions
- Mergers, demergers and acquisitions
- Research and Development
- Creative Tax Reliefs (such as Theatre and TV)
We are looking for an excellent communicator to deal with both internal and external clients. You will be approachable and enjoy working collaboratively – part of this role is to develop good working relationships with the wider tax team, other departments (such as accounts and audit) and to help enhance the profile of both the corporate and wider tax team within the firm and outside. You must be prepared to be hands on as there will be a specific responsibility in relation to the firms most complex corporate cases.
- Ensure accurate completion of complex corporate tax consultancy projects within timescales and budget.
- Ensure accurate completion of complex corporate tax returns and queries within timescales and budget for the team.
- Manage corporate team WIP and billing in order to achieve targets and assist with cash collection.
- Line manage other team members through adequate briefing, monitoring, supervision and training, to ensure SRLV business objectives and the team members’ career objectives are achieved.
- Ensure good relationships with clients in order to ensure retention and development of new business opportunities.
- Work with Partners and the wider tax team to identify, generate and complete additional project work from existing clients and seek referrals of new clients.
- Maintain and build client care standards in order to meet and exceed client and Partner satisfaction expectations at all times.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure seamless client delivery and enhance the tax service generally
- Identify business development opportunities.
- Maintain and continue to develop your advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested.
- Strong experience of corporate tax compliance and consultancy.
- High level of technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside advanced understanding of policies, procedures and processes, strives to apply own technical excellence and articulates risk with issues whilst appreciative of when to refer more complex technical issues up
- Work autonomously with regards to client and general tasks, with an active interest in promoting a professional and collaborative working practice across the firm
- Confident, professional and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients and is responsive to the needs of others
- Experience of managing a team in terms of delegation and prioritisation, coaching, mentoring and developing the team to a highly technical, credible department.
- Exceptional work ethic and desire to provide an outstanding client service, with an in-depth understanding of both internal and external clients and their needs as well as the environment they operate in
- Uses own initiative to progress matters to a satisfactory level
- Makes valuable contributions in discussions and meetings, articulating solutions to problems and providing clarity on technical issues confidently
- A solid team player with a strong ability to work in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work well using own initiative
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and flexibility, actively offering assistance and support to other colleagues whilst delegating tasks effectively where necessary and taking ownership for own tasks assigned
- Identify ways to network and expand internal and external contacts through various appropriate channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally to a high standard, dealing with first line issues confidently
- Takes responsibility for the quality and accuracy of others’ work along with confidently providing guidance and feedback, assisting with the development of others
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover, cashback scheme for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests and group life insurance.
SRLV endeavours to support our staff physically, but mentally too from day one. We are partnered with a mental health support app which provides anonymous self-assessments and tailored content specifically for you, together with live mental wellbeing webinars throughout the year exclusively for SRLV. In addition, our weekly ‘wellbeing hour’ allowance and private yoga class allow you to take some extra time out to focus on you.
Other benefits include, but are not limited to, early finishes on a Friday (subject to manager approval and time made up) and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and Cycle to Work scheme are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at a growing list of local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
- CTA qualified with 5+ years post qualification experience
- 12 months operating at a similar level desired
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.