Tax Assistant: ATT Trainee
This is a fantastic opportunity for a school leaver, educated to A-Level, wanting to kick-start their career in accounting, focusing on Taxation. Working in a modern office in the heart of London’s Mayfair with a friendly team – we will offer you the chance to gain that all-important experience whilst providing full study support to cement and build upon your theoretical knowledge. You will also have the chance to learn about what it takes to manage a portfolio for a variety of clients including sportspeople and entertainers.
- General communication with HMRC through letters and by telephone as required
- Checking and tracing tax payments, providing tax payment details to clients
- Request HMRC tax calculation statements and provide to clients as required
- Completion of HMRC forms including online registrations, authorisations, filings etc.
- Assisting in FEU applications to HMRC, collating information etc.
- Assisting in Standalone VAT reclaims for Non-UK Tax Residents, collating information etc.
- Maintaining control sheets to assist with work-flow
- Correspond with other internal teams to ensure tax returns preparation service runs smoothly
- Analyse fee notes at clients’ requests and prepare suitable narratives
- Recall and check through historic tax files to help resolve tax issues and assist other team members with tax enquiry work
- Liaising directly with clients where required in a timely and professional manner online, over the phone or in person
- Assist the team in meeting future requirements for Making Tax Digital
- Day to day support to colleagues in the Music Tax Team, working with them in planning and performing various tax assignments
Who You Are
- Interested in a career in accounting with a focus/specialism in taxation
- Highly organised individual
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly numerate
- Ability to work well in a team
- Seeks feedback on own performance and is able to respond positively to constructive criticism
- Solid IT skills along with the ability to pick up software quickly and effectively
- A-Level educated or equivalent (Minimum 3, A-C passes preferably in Maths, Accounting, Finance, Law and/or Business Studies)
- GCSE grades C and above (preferably A*-B in Maths & English Language)
- Some office experience is preferable
- Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Study: Opportunity to study ATT with full study support
Interested? Get in Touch!
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send us your CV together with a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.