We are seeking an experienced Senior/Assistant Manager to join our busy Audit team. The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified, with 3 to 4 years’ post qualification experience and a broad client portfolio background.
Experience of IFRS as well as UK GAAP, consolidations and consolidated financial statements and managing/leading small teams would be preferred.
- Assist with the management of basic WIP, billing and fee–recovery in order to achieve targets and cash collection where applicable
- Assist with the management and delegation of tasks for junior members of staff by providing guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback
- Delegates appropriately ensuring clear instructions are given and objectives and deadlines set
- Ensure good relationships with both internal and external clients
- Assist and manage the expectations of partners and other key staff across the practice to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes
- Highlight any problems, work or project delivery issues to partners and key staff
- Manages general client problems that occur, liaising with managers and partners on more complex issues and supports team members with basic client concerns
- Ensure self and assist with ensuring wider team is compliant with all practice management activities
- Begin to play an active role in recruitment and any other HR activities required
- Act as a role model for team members, providing advice, guidance and constructive feedback
- Liaise with other departments to ensure seamless delivery of work and projects
- Develop and maintain a strong level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements where appropriate
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Fully responsible for audit jobs from start to finish – including planning, fieldwork and finalisation – and reporting directly to a partner on smaller assignments
- Planning process for jobs to include materiality determination, identification of risks, design of fieldwork tests applicable to the specific client, elements of timetabling and budgeting
- Allocate work to junior staff and brief them on the work to be completed, providing guidance to junior staff and be available to answer queries throughout the audit process
- Review the work completed by junior staff including providing feedback to aid their development
- Monitoring the progress of audits including performance versus budget, identification of any problem areas encountered and keeping management information of progress
- Review the statutory account preparation for audit clients, including review of disclosure checklists, to ensure that all relevant financial statement disclosures are correct
- For clients that are groups of companies, supervise the preparation of the required consolidation schedules including calculation of eliminating journals and preparation of group financial
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 3-4 years post qualification experience
- Experience in complex consolidations and IFRS accounts would be ideal
At SRLV, we offer a wide range of benefits which you will be entitled to after successful completion of your probationary period. These include, but are not limited to, fantastic private medical insurance cover and cashback for medical expenses such as dentist visits and eye tests.
Other benefits include ‘summer hours’ throughout the warmer months, monthly ‘drinks trolley’ to wind down after a busy week and extra annual leave over the Christmas period. Season ticket loans and ‘Cycle to Work’ vouchers are on offer to help with your commute. We also offer company discount at some local establishments including restaurants and hair salons.
• Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Who You Are
- Exceptional, effective and appropriate communication skills both verbally and in writing at all times, recognising they must represent the firm in a positive light when dealing with clients and internally
- Sound technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside advanced understanding of policies, procedures and processes, strives to apply own technical excellence and articulates risk with issues whilst appreciative of when to refer more complex technical issues up
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and remain mindful of sensitive issues
- Excellent IT skills along with the ability to use software effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Is relatively autonomous with regards to client and general tasks, with an active interest in promoting a professional and collaborative working practice across the firm
- Confident, professional and coherent in dealings with partners, staff and directly with clients and is responsive to the needs of others
- Exceptional work ethic and desire to provide an outstanding client service, with an in-depth understanding of both internal and external clients and their needs as well as the environment they operate in
- Makes valuable contributions in discussions and meetings, articulating solutions to problems and providing clarity on technical issues confidently
- A solid team player with a strong ability to work in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work well using own initiative
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and flexibility, actively offering assistance and support to other colleagues whilst delegating tasks effectively where necessary and taking ownership for own tasks assigned
- Begins to identify ways to network and expand their internal and external contacts through various appropriate channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally to a high standard, dealing with first line issues confidently
- Strong ability to cope in a fast paced environment, taking responsibility for own workload and working closely with manager and wider team / firm to deliver quality work to agreed, often tight, deadlines and timescales
- Takes responsibility for the quality and accuracy of others’ work along with confidently providing guidance and feedback, assisting with the development of others
Interested? Get in Touch
If you are interested in a career at SRLV, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining the role for which you would like to be considered.
SRLV is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will keep your application/CV on our files for the next six months, with a view to considering you for any suitable vacancies that may arise during this period.
Please let us know if you would prefer us not to keep your details on our files for this purpose. In that eventuality, we will delete all the information that we hold about you from our records.